Hello Everyone ,
Today I like to explain how to configure DVWA on linux machine . So here I have begin with the configuration portion for the same .
Following steps are preferable to done with the configuration .
* Open the Terminal on linux OS .
* Fire this command on terminal wget https://github.com/RandomStorm/DVWA/archive/v1.0.8.zip
* Now Unzip this file from ‘/’ directory unzip v1.0.8.zip
* Now its time to rename the file name mv DVWA/ dvwa
* Now move the existing file to /var/www/ location mv dvwa/ /var/www/
* Change the permission chmod -R 755 /var/www/dvwa/
* Now go to cd /var/www/dvwa/
* cd config/
* vi config.inc.php
* Now change this $_DVWA[ 'db_password' ] = ‘p@ssw0rd'; to $_DVWA[ 'db_password' ] = ”; and save it .
* service mysql start
* mysql -u root -p
* curl –data ‘create db=create+%2F+Reset+Database’ http://127.0.0.1/dvwa/setup.php# –cookies PHPSESSID=1
* Now try to access http://127.0.0.1/dvwa on browser .
Hello friends , Here I am back with new fact which belongs to virtual box installation on Linux .
Here we have few steps through you can able to install virtual box on linux
STEP 1 : Add the following lines to your sources.list file;
1. deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
2. deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
3. deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free
STEP 2 : Now issue the following command;
apt-get update && apt-get install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r)
At this point, I rebooted my system. When it was back up and running again, I installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions by clicking on “Install Guest Additions” in the VirtualBox Devices menu. Click “Cancel” on the box which pops up, then open a terminal.
cp /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run ~/Desktop/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
Then chmod the file you just copied (change to it’s directory first);
chmod 755 VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
And finally install the Guest Additions! Don’t forget to reboot afterwards.